Old Barn Day Nursery (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, digital and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
We will always adhere to the General Data Protection Act 2018, and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”), and any other applicable data protection laws in relation to our use of your information.
The Company fully endorses and adheres to the seven principles laid out in Article 5 of the UK GDPR, and these principles form the foundation to our approach to processing personal data. These principles are:
- Lawfulness, fairness and transparency – i.e., you must have a lawful reason for collecting personal data and must do it in a fair and transparent way
- Purpose limitation – i.e., data must only be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those
- Data minimisation – i.e., you must not collect any more data than is necessary. Data must be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- Accuracy – i.e., data has to be accurate and there must be mechanisms in place to keep it up to date. Data must be erased or rectified without delay where applicable.
- Storage limitation – i.e., data must not be kept for any longer than needed
- Integrity and confidentiality (security) – i.e., personal data must be processed in a way that ensures appropriate security including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
- Accountability – The Data Controller is responsible for and will be able to demonstrate compliance with the Article 5(1) (the 6 preceding Principles.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act) incorporating the GDPR, the data controller is Old Barn Day Nursery a company registered in England and Wales with company number 10439379 whose registered office is at 1A Elm Avenue, Long Eaton, Nottingham, NG10 4LR.
How we use information that we collect
We may collect and process the information we collect from you to fulfil your web page requests, contact you, or conduct research.
When you contact us, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address if you show interest in our services to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other electronic communications with you for training purposes, so that we can check any instructions given to us and to improve the quality of our customer service. We may report, store and share non-personal information such as user activity to improve our sales and marketing processes.
Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; or
- to notify you about changes to our service.
- To respond to your enquiry. Submission of an enquiry through our site indicates your explicit consent to be contacted for this purpose.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Old Barn Day Nursery or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
You have the right to withdraw/amend your consent for us to contact you in relation to your enquiry at any time, by notifying us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.